Itchy scalp? Not with our CG Shampoo!
Why can you suffer from an itchy scalp?
We read it quite a lot, itchy and flaky scalp,
Some of the causes could be:
- change in hormones
- temperature changes
- use of certain shampoos
Always consult your doctor if you experience extreme symptoms.
How important are ingredients in a shampoo?
Very important! Here are some ingredients that can cause itching or skin irritation in some people: If you follow the CG method then you can skip some anyway.
1. **Sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) and sodium laureth sulfate (SLES):** These sulfates are often used as detergents in shampoo, but they can cause dryness, itching and irritation of the scalp in some people.
2. **Parabens:** Some people are sensitive to parabens, which are used as preservatives. They can cause skin irritation, redness and itching.
3. **Fragrance (Fragrances):**The fragrances in shampoo can cause allergic reactions and itching in people with sensitive skin or allergies.
4. **Methylisothiazolinone (MIT):** This preservative can cause allergic contact dermatitis, which can manifest as itching and rash.
5. **Formaldehyde-releasers:** Some shampoos contain formaldehyde-releasers as preservatives, and these can cause skin irritation and itching in some people.
6. **Propylene glycol:** This is a moisturizer that can sometimes cause skin irritation, especially in people with sensitive skin.
7. **Colorants:**Artificial colorants can cause allergic reactions in some people, including itching and skin rashes.
8. **Alcohol:** Some shampoos contain alcohol, which can dry out the scalp and cause itching, especially in people with sensitive scalps.
Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate in our Shampoo.
As a 2nd ingredient, our "Clarifying" Shampoo has this ingredient which can help you get rid of your itching if it is related to using certain shampoos.
What is Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate?
Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate is a water-soluble, coconut-derived surfactant that also happens to be sulfate-free. This ingredient is an incredibly mild surfactant and is considered one of the safest on the market.
Why is it used?
Surfactants are used in most cleaning products because they degrease, emulsify oils and greases and suspend oil so it can be rinsed away. And while some surfactants can be drying and irritating, Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate has been found to be mild and gentle. This is because it is a large-molecule ingredient, which means it cannot penetrate the skin and thus does not irritate it.
Another advantage of Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate is that it foams. Thanks to this ingredient, our shampoo delivers a great washing experience, as it produces a natural foam that is on par with any non-natural shampoo on the market.
How safe is it?
With an EWG score of 1, Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate is considered very safe, non-toxic, non-irritating and biodegradable.
And what does our perfume in the shampoo mean?
The above list also includes perfume... perfume is in the top 10 of the ingredients of our Clarifying Shampoo. Although it only contains 1% of the total formula, you may be shocked by this.
But don't worry! The perfume it contains is 99% non-sensitive, which means that most people do not experience any irritation from this perfume.
If you experience itching, try our shampoo, available in 200 ml and 50 ml.